Coco Chanel is responsible for the countless fashion innovations seen in today’s fashion trends. Her trademark pieces, such as the quilted bag, little black dress, and twill suit, will forever remain a landmark purchase for women of increasing ages.
Quick Facts about Coco Chanel…
- In 1913 she opened her first hat shop, “Chanel Mode” with the help of a wealthy socialite Arthur “Boy” Capel
- In 1926 she invented the “Little Black Dress”, which French Vogue dubbed “Chanel’s Ford”, for its practicality and marketability
- In 1922 she introduced Chanel No. 5, her first perfume which remains a trademark after almost a century since its arrival
- She is credited with popularizing the concept of “costume jewelry” in the 1920s, creating seasonal jewelry that mixed fake pearls with real stones.
- Until her death her fashion empire brought in over $160 million dollars a year.
Only a few of the many Chanel quotes that women live by.